Thursday, September 20, 2012

Busy Day


The twins had a dentist appointment. We were headed out on vacation in a couple of days and they needed haircuts too. We had enough to do I thought it was worth it to take them out of school for a day to get everything done.

The trip to the dentist was fairly uneventful. Connor felt more confortable sitting with Carl, but Chloe was fine by herself. Our dentist is great, which is why I assume she does this for a living. She told Chloe she’d make her teeth sparkly like a princess and Connor that his would shine like a shark. They loved it.



















We had lunch. Took naps, except Connor never slept. Made a grocery store run and then headed out for haircuts. For cuts we go to a place specifically for kids but it’s so fun the twins are sometimes fussy when it’s time to leave. I promised them ice cream if they were good and that did the trick.

We walked to the yogurt shop and everyone got their own cup with sprinkles on top. They loved it, but then the sugar rush came and they were climbing the walls, literally.



We headed home, made lunches for school the next day and started dinner.

I was exhausted. I seriously don’t know how stay-at-home moms do it. Being a Mom is really hard work and caring for children all day is incredibly thankless. I’ve heard Moms say knowing their children are being cared for, loved, and enriched by their own mother is all the reward needed, but that just doesn’t work for me. I salute all the Moms out there. It’s hard no matter how you do it.

No comments: