Thursday, September 27, 2012

Beautiful Beach



Pensacola Beach is beautiful. Was it worth the trip? Well, for the beach part absolutely. I guess the challenge of taking a family vacation is that you have to take the family. I really wanted to take the kids to the beach and they loved it, but it’s all the other times with the twins that are exhausting.

I’ve heard the saying ‘it takes a village,’ but what seemed to work for us was to take the village on vacation with us. Thank heavens for GiGi, JoJo, Lolly, NeeNee, and Aunt Deb or I’d never be able to squeeze in a nap. The beach seems to make me a little more sleepy, but has the opposite effect on Connor. He got up at 5:20 am this morning (thank you Carl for taking that one) and even though he’s completely exhausted, he takes nearly two hours to finally go down for a nap. Hopefully we’ll get schedules back on track when we get home.


For now though, I will have to admit it’s all worth it for us to share this time on the beach.



No comments: