Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Room Revamp P3: Create a Charming Guest Room

So far we’ve been successful in moving furniture around and using space in our home more efficiently. Still need to come up with a solution for that red chair, but I feel good about what we've accomplished so far.

Now I need to create a warm and welcoming guest room. For some of my friends, this is the best part. They have talent and enthusiasm for decorating that’s reflected in the end result. My friend Angie remodeled her current home. She knocked down walls, remodeled the entire kitchen and ended up with a super chic home that reflects her personal style. Another friend, Heather, has a charming style that she applies to everything she touches from her new home to flyers promoting her yoga classes to cupcakes she created for a spring party. At my office there’s a young lady who has a blog all about decorating and style, in addition to all the cool design blogs she follows.

I’m not so ambitious to design the room, but I do hope I get somewhere between charming and comfortable. The room has grey carpet and light grey walls, so we have a pretty neutral pallet to start with. I’ve included some pictures so we can track the progress.





No comments: