Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 1 of Connor’s Helmet

Yesterday Connor was fitted for his helmet. It’s actually called a DOC band, but I think most people recognize it as a helmet. I’ve enclosed some before and after shots.


I was emotional when we headed to his appointment and I cried when it was put on. I know he doesn’t care and I do want him to have a round head without the flat spot he currently has, but it still bothers me a little to see him in the helmet.








For the first few days we have to take it off every three hours to make sure it doesn’t cause skin irritation. After that he’ll wear it 23 hours a day. We’ll only take it off when it’s bath time so we can clean both the band and Connor. He may need to wear it 2-3 months, we check in with the therapist weekly. 

No comments: