Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Photos from our Mardi Gras trip

The title of this post is a little misleading because I was terrible and didn't get any pictures of the twins from our trip to Louisiana for Mardi Gras.

I did take one picture and I think it turned out great if I do say so myself. We visited the Acadiana Zoo with Lauren, Kevin, and cousin Andrew and I snapped this shot when we rode the train.



I really love that the twins get a chance to play with Andrew, but an unexpected benefit is how much I learn from Lauren. Since Andrew and the twins are so close in age, Lauren and I are going through similar Mommy struggles at the same time. I've found touching base with Lauren on things we're going through to be invaluable. It helps just to know someone else is dealing with the same challenges and often she has a good solution that worked for her and Andrew. 

They say "it takes a village" and I believe that's true, but a more modern village networks. Facebook, blogging, Twitter, and email have all been helpful providing me the connection needed to make raising twins just a little bit smoother.

1 comment:

Lauren Swan said...

I feel the same...I feel much better and more normal when we go through the same stuff. I am so glad the kids are close in age and will grow up together. I am glad y'all had fun and the long trip was worth it!