Monday, March 28, 2011

DryBar Success

Before dinner on Sunday night I tried the drybar in person. I've included some before and after pictures but I think it turned out pretty well.

Front before
Back before
The design of the place is really cute, a lot of white on white with a bright yellow accents here and there as their signature color.

My friend Heather joined me and had her hair done at the same time and although they encourage groups or parties, getting your hair blown dry isn't really conducive to chit chat. At one point they had two girls blowing my hair dry at once. I felt bad, like I had too much hair and they had to do extra work, but she said they just wanted to make sure I was done when Heather was done too.

Front after drybar
Back after drybar
One thing I liked but could be a little off-putting is that reservations and receipts are all done online. It is really efficient, but I know some would prefer to talk to someone in person.

The Dry Bar was really happening for a Sunday night and my stylist said they'd been busy on a pretty steady basis, so it seems like this concept can really be a success.

2 comments:

Lauren Swan said...

WOW!!!! You look amazing!!!

shelley.swan@gmail.com said...

You're sweet Lauren, thanks! Too bad it's too hard to get it to look like that regularly. We don't even have a hair dryer in the house.