Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Special Trip



Ten years ago my mother and I celebrated milestone birthdays. For my 30th, Mom took me to Lake Austin Spa. It was an amazing place and we had a great time. Not only did we get personalized yoga classes, specially prepared healthy meals and learn to relax, while we were there Lady Bird Johnson and LBJ's press secretary, Liz Carpenter, were there too. Then Lake Austin Spa was smaller than it is now and we ended up in an evening book club with six other women including Lady Bird and Liz. It was truly a once in a lifetime experience.

I don't know that anything can top that trip, but a few years ago I promised Mom I would take her back to Lake Austin Spa for our next milestone birthdays. It took a little bit to get schedules worked out, but we're driving there today.

We plan to take yoga classes and hike, since it looks like we'll get lucky with the weather. It's also culinary week, so in the evenings they have guest chefs speaking. It should be fun and hopefully we'll both come away feeling a little bit healthier and relaxed.