Wednesday, January 9, 2013

They Got That From Me

Like a lot of new moms, after the twins were first born I was curious to see how they looked like me. It was difficult to see any resemblance. Not to mention everyone who commented on their looks said Connor looked like my brother and Chloe looked like Carl. This bummed me out a bit since, frankly, I did the most work to get them here, shouldn't they resemble me just a little.

The thing about newborns is they basically look like little old men at first, at least this was the case with my twins. It took awhile for them to look like themselves. Now that the twins are toddlers we can see specific resemblances more clearly, both in appearance and behavior.

It's very clear Connor got my curly hair. We knew this pretty early on and I was a little sad Chloe didn't get any curls. Chloe does have a blend between Carl and I with a little body in her medium thick hair. Honestly, I think she'll like it much better than battling with curly hair and trying to come to terms with it at some point. Curly hair really seems to fit Connor's personality, a little unruly but still adorable. Connor has cool hair for a boy and if he doesn't want to mess with it he can keep it really short. That seems to work for my brother.



Another trait Connor gained from our side of the family is a plump booty. This is one I'm so grateful Chloe has not inherited from me. Her body shape seems to resemble Carl's in general, while Connor has all of our chunky German charm. 

The shape of Chloe's face is just like Carl's and her adorable cheeks are something she gained from his side of the family. It's amazing how she can look like her father but in such a feminine way. Although her face is shaped like her Dad's, when she smiles it's just like mine. A nice mix of traits if you ask me, a biased, proud mother.

Of course any little traits they get from us they make distinctly their own. Connor and Chloe are both very individual and are developing their own distinct personalities. 

Now instead of trying to figure out who looks like me I'm a little more worried about the bad habits they may pick up from me.


No comments: