Thursday, March 8, 2012

That Emotionally Overwhelmed Feeling

As I've been trying to help Maria find a new family I've ended up putting more work into it than I expected and I've gotten a little emotional.

There has been a lot of interest from Moms in Maria but we ended up focusing on three families that live close to her that she's interviewed with. Each Mom has called to ask me some questions and get general references on Maria. This is the part that has unexpectedly made me emotional.



All three Moms have twins. When I've chatted with each one of them about their needs and what they're looking for in a nanny, I can hear the stress and nervousness in their voice. Answering their questions and trying to reassure them brought it all flooding back to me, caring for newborns is exhausting. Even if you have family nearby to help and your husband is super engaged, you can still feel isolated and overwhelmed. Sleep deprivation just compounds the stress and although there's lots of advice to be had, often there is no one to actually give you a break. All of this can be why a nanny is incredibly helpful, but even that decision and search can daunting.

I feel for each of these Moms and want to help support them in anyway I can. So now since Maria won't end up working for two of them I want to provide other nanny options. I've asked my Mom network for contact information on other available nannies so I can share it with these new Moms.

I hope we can get them the help they need.

No comments: