Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Potty Treasure Chest

Last weekend, while having dining with a dear friend, she had a recommendation on potty training. Yes, my life is that glamorous and my dinner conversations that riveting. At any rate, my friend suggested a treasure chest of toys and each time someone poops or pees in the potty they get to pick a toy. Even though my Mom referred to it as "pooping for toys" I thought it was worth a try. Yesterday I bought a treasure chest and toys for each twin.


The treasure chests are stacked over the back of the toilet in the kids' bathroom. Yesterday afternoon before Maria left, we brought Connor and Chloe into the bathroom and showed them the treasure chests and explained they could pick a toy when they used the toilet, after washing their hands.

They were super excited at first and then burst into tears when I closed up the chests. They both moped around the house sobbing for about twenty minutes after explaining the treasure chests. I'm not even sure they got the concept but the did get that I showed them a bunch of toys and then closed up the boxes and put it away.

We'll see how this goes.

No comments: