Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Looking for a Nanny

So we've decided to move the twins to school. It's time and I think the will both benefit from the interaction with the other kids. It has been more of an emotional decision than I thought, not to mention a ton of work to find the right fit.



Part of the process is my commitment to find Maria another family. I have two twins groups that I'm connected with and by reaching out to them I've gotten a really great response. When I posted about Maria I limited it to neighborhoods nearby and I've provided each interested Mom with strengths, weaknesses, and how we've compensated her. Maria has been able to choose the families she'd like to interview with and has 3 interviews already lined up.

One of the Mothers who requested Maria's contact information provided the potential pay rate for Maria. It was $150 less than what we're currently paying her. I let the Mom of twins know Maria's rate and I never heard back from her.

Then today on the Mother's of Twins site that I posted Maria's availability I saw a post from this same Mom "looking for a nanny." She posted the lower rate and I'll be surprised if she gets any response. I don't know why I even care. I guess because I think Maria is worth every penny and for some reason I'm offended she thinks she can find someone better for $150 less. Good luck.

OK, I've written about it and I'm over it now.

No comments: