Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mad Hatter's Tea Party at the Arboretum

We live very near the Dallas Arboretum. Not only do we love to visit, but I am a volunteer there. Usually I work in the information booth, but today they requested special volunteer service from me. The Women's Council of the Arboretum had a Mad Hatter's Tea Party fund raiser and I dressed as Alice.



They actually closed off the regular entrance to visitors, set it up with tables and tents to have the fancy event up at the front of the Arboretum. There was a little bit of a drizzle, but the event looked beautiful.


Everyone who attended wore hats and these guys made pretty fancy ones.



Everyone seemed really excited to see the Alice in Wonderland characters and I'm happy I could help out, but next time I'd rather attend the event and have a glass of champagne!


No comments: