Monday, April 25, 2011

Egg Hunt Success

This year is the first time the twins participated in the Easter Egg Hunt. It was organized by our neighborhood home association, but they asked parents to volunteer to help pull it off.

Carl picked up coffee and I volunteered to hide the eggs. Between me and two other Moms we hid about 450 eggs for a little over 30 kids. As we got to the park to hide eggs some of the older kids (you know 7 and 8 year-olds) started sneaking around to check out where we hid the eggs. I know I seem like the crazy egg nazi, but some kids asked to help hide eggs and I guess I should have let them but it seems wrong to be the hider and hunter. Anyway, we had so many eggs a ton of them were just laying out in the open grassy field and not really hidden.

After "hiding" eggs I headed back home to get Carl, my Mom and the twins for the big hunt. Since there were so many eggs just laying on the ground I couldn't keep Chloe from grabbing one before the hunt even started.



To start, they had all the kids line up at the far end of the field to count down before they could take off. Once again as the crazy egg nazi, does this really seem fair to pit the 7 and 8 year-olds (who basically cheated and watched the eggs being hidden) in a foot race against toddlers who just learned to walk. I don't know how Chloe and Connor even walked away with any eggs.

Connor did great at the hunt. He held onto GiGi's hand to get started and then grabbed eggs and dropped them into his little basket. Too cute!

Chloe did OK with the egg hunt. Once she found one or two eggs she lost interest. However, she fell in love with the Eater Bunny.



Overall a complete success for our very first Easter Egg Hunt!

No comments: