Thursday, April 14, 2011

Not Yet a Chef

Since I've been home we're watching the budget. That means I'm having to something I'm not very comfortable with or very good at: Cook.

For awhile I just kept making the 3 things I knew how to cook and variations on that
  1. Spaghetti (or variation of chicken alfredo)
  2. Tacos
  3. Baked Chicken (varied based on the sauce)
Obviously it gets a little boring so I started searching for easy recipes to branch out our dinner options a bit. This week I've made Chicken Scaloppine and Seared Salmon on Wilted Spinach. Both turned out pretty good and the Chicken Scaloppine has been a great leftover for lunch.

Tonight I'm going to try Seared Scallops with Pancetta from a recipe off the Food Network site.


I'll let you know how it goes and maybe snap a shot of my version to see if it ends up looking anything like the one above.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Angie Y. said...

I must introduce you to the Crock Pot - do you own one? If so, let me know and I'll send you a couple of good, easy recipes to expand your menu. :)