Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Busy Bees

I know it’s over a month away, and we don’t have any specific plans yet, but I have Halloween costumes for the family. I got bee costumes for the twins while Carl and I will wear khaki as beekeepers.

I wanted the twins both to be bees, but wanted them to have their own look. Connor’s costume is called “lil stinger” and is a snugly jump suit with a little stinger on the bottom.













Chloe’s has a tutu so her bee is a little more feminine.












Both costumes come with headpieces for bee antennae so I tried them on the babies to see how they worked. I’m not sure they’ll keep them on so we may need to practice at home before we head out in our costumes.

Connor was OK wearing his, but started trying to tug it off and has already pulled an antennae ball off. I’ll have to sew both on really good so we can actually wear it.


Chloe’s looks so cute on, but I really don’t think she wants to wear it. We’ll definitely have to practice wearing the headpiece.



Our neighborhood has a little get together on Halloween and the Arboretum has a fun pumpkin house where you can take your kids in costume for pictures. We’ll come up with some plan for our bees.

2 comments:

Lauren Swan said...

Andrew is going to be a scarecrow. Kevin doesn't like it...he keep singing "if I only had a brain". I keep telling him he isn't the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz. Boys! Love the bee costumes...they are too cute!

shelley.swan@gmail.com said...

Lauren, I'm sure Andrew will be adorable!
Since Carl and I met at a Halloween party, I like for us to have costumes too. Are you and Kevin going to dress up? You could be crows.