Tuesday, March 2, 2010

World Banana Day 2

This weekend we participated in World Banana Day 2. It’s a philanthropic pub-crawl where everyone dresses up in banana costumes to raise money and awareness for the North Texas Food Bank. If you’re interested you can learn more about World Banana Day and make a donation through the website.

Carl participated last year while I was out of town for business (and pregnant, so I wouldn’t have enjoyed it much) but this year I got to join in. When I ordered our banana costumes I noticed they had baby banana costumes too, so I order some for Chloe and Connor as well. We wouldn’t take the babies on the pub-crawl, but I thought it’d be fun to get a few family shots before we headed out.
 
Some folks have mentioned to me having trouble figuring out which one is Chloe or Connor in pictures when I dress them alike, so I came up with the idea of sewing a pink hair bow on Chole’s banana and a black bow tie on Connor’s. I thought this might work nicely on our adult costumes too.







I've included a few shots my Mom’s cousin Leslie took of us Saturday. Not only did Leslie come and help my Mom babysit while Carl and I were running around like crazy bananas, she got a couple of cute shots of the banana family. Thanks Leslie!


Connor got a little sick of wearing a banana suit and having his picture taken, but the shot of him crying makes me chuckle a little.

No comments: