Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Crazy Dreams

We’re really lucky; we don’t lose much sleep from the babies waking up at night. Both Connor and Chloe sleep through the night after their last bottle at 9 and 9:30. They’ll sleep at least until 6:15a if not later and even then they’ll play quietly in their beds for another half hour to hour. This past weekend they both slept past 8a both mornings. We recognize how lucky we are.

However, sometimes I still don’t sleep well.

Carl and I trade off having the baby monitor on our respective night tables every other night. The babies rarely cry during the night, but every now and then we have to settle one of them down, put a pacifier in, or reswaddle in the middle of the night. Some of the nights I’m on baby monitor duty I think I hear baby noises when there aren’t any at all.

Or some nights I’ll just have dreams about the babies. Dreams like I have to take them to the office, carry them around all day, and sit in meetings with a baby in my lap. It feels like a stress dream and I guess the point is you carry concern for your baby with you all the time no matter what you’re doing.


It’s so crazy. I have great set up with wonderful help during the day and two babies who sleep through the night and yet I still find things to worry about and lose sleep over.

No comments: