Thursday, October 9, 2008

Travel


Late last week I had a business trip to NY and Carl planned to join me on Friday night for dinner and some sightseeing the next day. When I planned the trip, I didn’t know we’d be committed to IVF, but I’d already started giving myself shots of Luprin on Wednesday evening before having to travel on Thursday. I got all nervous about having to travel with the vial of medicine and the needles for injections. My initial plan was to check the medicine and needles in my bag so I could avoid sending it through security in a little zip lock bag, but then I worried if my bag was delayed or lost I’d be without it and mess up the cycle.

So I ended up sending the vial through security in a zip lock with shampoo and lotion, and just leaving a needle in my purse. Carl said I should take my prescription, but the nurse called it in for me so I didn’t have anything. As it turned out I didn’t get stopped and everything worked out fine but I’m hoping I don’t end up traveling when I get to the days I have to give myself three shots.

No comments: