Thursday, October 16, 2008

Appointment Thurs. 10/16


Today I went to the doctor’s office for a baseline sonogram and labs.

Sonogram
When I did the IUI cycles, I was on hormones that would stimulate ovulation. After the egg would release, the follicle it came from would sometimes cause a cyst. This is normal, but when you have a cyst we wait until the next cycle so the hormones are not wasted on the cyst instead of an active follicle. For this baseline sonogram we checked to make sure I had no cysts, which I didn’t so we’re good to move to the next round

Labs
For this part of the visit a nurse draws blood to check my hormone levels to confirm they’re within normal parameters. My blood test checked out fine.

Next Steps
Since everything checked out, this Saturday I’ll start stimulation meds. This means I’ll be giving myself shots daily in the morning and evening of three different hormones:
• Menopur in the stomach in the morning
• Follistim in the stomach in the evening (same thing I did for IUI prep)
• Lupron in the thigh in the evening (been doing this for two weeks already)

Next week I’ll go to the doctor’s office for labs the mornings of Monday, Wednesday and Friday. They’ll track my progress and if all goes well sometime the week of 10/27 I’ll give my self a shot of Ovidrel to trigger ovulation and we’ll schedule egg retrieval.

No comments: