Friday, January 24, 2014

Toys Everywhere

We have a ridiculous amount of toys. We're pretty good at picking everything up as a family, with a little extra incentive that anything left out is a potential chew toy for Piper.

One of the reasons the kid's new beds were so appealing is because of all of the storage space, which is stuffed full of toys.

When I changed out my purse this week I realized I had Ariel and Erick figurines, a minnie mouse spoon, and bendable elf, just in case.

When I switched the laundry yesterday there was the pink flamingo that I washed on request because apparently it "smelled." But also coming out of the washing machine was a small pony and rubber dinosaur. 


Tinker Bell has been riding in the front passenger seat of the mini van most of the week, by request. Never know when you're going to need a fairy.

Carl has been out of town most of the week and Connor will come sleep on his Dad's side of the bed the last hour before we get up in the morning. So, no surprise to find a plastic turtle tucked into the sheets.

I'd love to get rid of some stuff but every time I throw a few things out the kids ask me for that one obscure toy that they haven't played with in months. Usually I blame Piper and say the toy was chewed up. They're still sad, but understand once Piper gets ahold of it, the toy is gone.

I'm afraid I don't really have a right to complain about the toy clutter problem since Carl and I are the biggest toy providing culprits. Since Carl traveled most of the week, he promised a surprise when he returned. They went crazy over their stuffed monsters and took them to school with them today. 
Just another toy to add to the pile, but it's hard not to get them stuff when their reactions are so enthusiastic. 
We're suckers!

3 comments:

Lauren Swan said...

This is a funny post!
Love the new beds. Did you separate their bedrooms?

shelley.swan@gmail.com said...

Lauren, yes we moved them to separate rooms. It's been great. The beds are so big though that I don't think we'll ever move.

Anita Swan said...

Seems the toys have become extended family--they pop up everywhere. Great beds for the kids. Glad to see Piper is well and happy.