Friday, January 31, 2014

The Things They're Saying Now: Jan. 2014

Four-years-old is a great age and one thing I love is how much the kids chat. They have a ton to say and I understand most of it most of the time. Here's what they're saying now.



Slight Variation on the Original
Connor really likes ninjas so he says the word quite often. Only when he says it the first "n" is silent so it's a "inja." Even more stealth and lethal than the original.

I don't know why, but Connor calls Leo "Lelo." For Leo's part, he always responds. I guess he's thinking, "close enough."


I've mentioned this one before, but Connor says "vampirate" instead of vampire. I love this made up word and hope he never stops saying it. Of course if he's still saying it in college only his mom will think it's cute.

Totally Wrong Word
Some words are just tough to get down so the twins use different words. 


Mean Beard 


Say Bieber




Mean Marshmallow


Say Mushroom

I can usually figure this one out since they're asking for it to go with their hot cocoa.

Word Police
There are a few words we ask the kids not to say, like "hate" and "stupid." They call each other out and Carl and I if we say one of the words. If they hear one of the words on TV Chloe will say, "hey, that's not nice."

We try not to cuss, but I do let it slip every now and then. This usually happens when I'm driving. The only reason the kids don't call me out on cuss words is because I don't think they know them. 

The other day Connor asked me why I yelled "Tuck" at that car. I told him I shouldn't have yelled, but the other car was driving dangerously.

I'm going to have to be more careful of what I say.





No comments: