Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sick Solution

Last month I mentioned how I'm sick of being sick since I've had ongoing congestion for over 6 months. 

Last week I visited an ENT recommended by a friend and I learned a few things. First that we all have 8 sinus cavities, 4 on each side.
Then I learn that all 8 of my sinus cavities are blocked. The doctor does not believe it is from allergies although that can frequently be the cause. 

The solution is surgery. I go in Monday to have balloon sinuplasty procedures. It's an outpatient surgery that should last less than an hour with about a week for recovery.

I'm a little nervous about surgery, but relieved to understand what is wrong and have a solution. I have heard from others who've had the surgery that after recovery you feel so much better and rarely have sinus infections again. I feel pretty good about that.

I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope it goes well and solves the problem for good. Please let us know how the surgery goes. I have 2 other friends considering this surgery as well. I wonder why so many people are getting this these days?

shelley.swan@gmail.com said...

Angie, the main reason I think I have this build up of congestion is the twins started day care almost two years ago and at the beginning every time they got sick so did I. It just too me longer to recover & I started to get a build up & constant low level of congestion.

Although it was not the case for me, I understand from the doctor that this can happen if you have frequent allergies too.