Saturday, February 15, 2014

After Sinus Surgery

When the twins headed to school for the first time, almost two years ago, I was prepared for them to get sick more often. I wasn't prepared for being sick myself all the time. For over a year, I've had an ongoing low level of congestion that would flare up into a cold whenever one of the kids came home with the sniffles.

I finally went to an ENT and learned all eight of my sinus cavities were blocked. The doctor recommended surgery and I went in last Monday for endoscopic sinus surgery.

Below are a few shots from the surgery. I have no idea what we're looking at here, but I think it's the balloon inserted to open up the sinuses. 

Now that it's been almost a week since surgery, I'm feeling pretty good. I still get headaches but that's expected since they were rooting around in my head. 
I have a check up with my doctor week after next. I already feel less congested and can breath a bit better. Hopefully I will continue to improve.


No comments: