Friday, February 21, 2014

Not Quite Disney

We've been talking about going to Disney for awhile and what age is best for the twins. Some of our family, with a cousin the same age as the twins, are taking their kids to Walt Disney World this year. 

I got really excited just thinking about going. I got a book on Disney, started reading and planning our trip. I was so excited it was as if the trip was more for me than the family. And it was. Carl and I discussed it and we think the kids are just too young to appreciate a trip like that. We'll do it, but we'll wait another year or two. 

Our cousins are going to Disney World during Mardi Gras since they're from Louisiana and they have the time off. It's a little bit of a bummer for us because I know they'll have a blast at Disney but if we headed to Louisiana for Mardi Gras we would want hang out with them.

So at dinner a few weeks ago Carl and I we're grumbling about wanting to go to Mardi Gras and he remembered his aunt has an apartment in New Orleans. She also happens to be going to Walt Disney World during Mardi Gras too. We were surprised and thrilled to learn that no one else was borrowing the apartment and she'd let us stay there.

We've booked flights, rented a car, made a plan for JoJo to drive up and meet us. Yes, we're taking four-year old twins to New Orleans for Mardi Gras and we're excited about it. Not missing out this year.

We have tried to take the twins to Mardi Gras before. 
2011 shirts from Aunt Marlene. The truck banner on Connor's shirt says, "Throw me something Mister!"
2011 bibs from Aunt Marlene. She was so smart because that this age they drool and need a bib all the time.
When the twins were 1, Aunt Marlene sent us adorable embroidered shirts and bibs. This got us so inspired that we took a trip to Lafayette for Mardi Gras. We made it to the party, but the twins napped through the parade. At least they got in some good cousin play time.

I think they'll just fit in the cute shirts Aunt Marlene sent us last year again. The lady who makes them isn't doing it anymore.

I'll supplement with matching Gator King shirts from Dirty Coast for the whole family.

I know some of you are thinking I'm crazy and I may be, so place bets now: Super family fun OR Major parenting fail.

I'll let you know how it turns out.




No comments: