Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hosting Play Group

I'm the host for our Mothers of Multiples play group this Saturday. The play group is usually scheduled for 10a.m.-12p.m. and alternates between weekdays and weekends. In the past few months, we've only been able to attend once, but it was a ton of fun. They have trouble coming up with locations and hostess on an ongoing basis so I didn't mind stepping up to host at our home.

The challenge is the time. The twins are still taking an hour plus nap in the morning and the afternoon, and the morning nap usually starts right around 10a.m. I thought I might just keep them up through their morning nap but that has been a disaster anytime we've done it with both unhappy kids and parents.

Since I was hosting I sent out a notice yesterday that we planned to move the time to 1-3p.m. in the afternoon. There are about 13 Moms invited. At the play group we attended there were 4 sets of twins including the hosting family. That was a good turn out so I hope we have something similar. I'm starting to get worried that since I changed the time we'll have low turn out. I've gotten about four emails from Moms who can't make it and only one who can.

In the big picture it's not that big of a deal and if we have only one other sets of twins over to play it's still a success. Maybe even more so since I won't be disrupting the twins nap schedule to make play group work.

I just want play group to go well. I'll update you on Monday.

2 comments:

Lauren Swan said...

i hope it works out! i understand still dealing with the morning nap :) no matter how many show up they will still have fun.

shelley.swan@gmail.com said...

Thanks Lauren, I'm sure you're right. We'll all have fun.