Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Birthday in NY

Last month I turned 40. I'm one of the last out of my group of high school girlfriends to have my birthday. For the past year we've been celebrating 40th birthdays with surprise parties and trips. My best friend Kim had both and in May we met a huge group celebrating her birthday in Napa Valley.

By the time my birthday rolled around I wasn't really in the mood for a big party. Not to mention my birthday falls right in the middle of the holiday season and I really feel like things are too busy during this time of year.

However, Carl came up with a great plan and scheduled a trip to New York to celebrate. We left on a Friday and my Mom stayed with the twins that weekend. We had fancy dinners, went to the Met, and for two mornings I got to sleep in late. It was a wonderful birthday.

Carl outside the Met
Shelley outside the Met
View from the roof top bar of our hotel Fashion 26

No comments: