Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Straight Logic


This past weekend I introduced Chloe to the idea of having "the Sundays." We'd had a lovely, unseasonably warm weekend, culminating in a family dinner out on a patio with a grassy courtyard for the kids to play in.

When we got home it settled in on all of us that the next day was a school/work day. Chloe said she wasn't feeling happy or "boude" as Carl and his Louisiana family say it. I told her it was a common feeling sometimes called "the Sundays."

But then, last night and tonight, as we got closer to bedtime, she told me she had The Sundays. Tonight I told her she couldn't have The Sundays since it wasn't Sunday. She looked at me dumbfounded and asked why not. I told her it wasn't Sunday it was Tuesday.

So she told me she had The Tuesdays.

Me too.

No comments: