Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Lucky Mommy

Six-years-old is a great age with the twins. 

One thing that has been really fun is that their school will send me updates during the day of what they're doing. Last week was pretty good.

They were both studying science:
Connor learning about what's in the dirt
Viewing with different colored lens

Sometime the school asks us to send "mailbox notes" that they give to the kids during the day. I love this picture where Connor has his note from me. I think the heart sticker made it a hit.



Chloe is really loving reading. Here she's picking out the words she recognizes in the newspaper. The other night we had fun reading a few books together so I've ordered a bookcase just for her room. 


I've had my eye on one from Land Of Nod for awhile, hoping it would go on sale, but after all the interest in reading I figured it was something we could splurge on. I'll post pictures when we have it set up in her room.

Not only is school fun, but we've had lovely weekends as well. A playdate with friends after ballet.

Valentines cooking with GiGi. It was very tasty, so ultimately worth the onion tears.



Carl and I decided to take Monday off so we could have a 3-day weekend as a family. The weather was wonderful and we spent a lovely morning at the Fort Worth Zoo.


I love how the meerkat looks like he's leaning back to get in the picture. He was pretty in tune with the crowd so that might actually be what he's doing.

We had such a good time at the zoo that it inspired 2 hours of playing zoo keeper when we got home.

I'm a lucky Mommy!

No comments: