Sunday, February 28, 2016

All About Furniture

A few weeks ago I mentioned that we ordered a new bookcase for Chloe. I didn't want her room to get too cluttered, so I had my eye on an acrylic one from Land of Nod. 

Here's the bookcase from Land of Nod's website


And here it is in Chloe's room
I think it works great and now we're ready to fill it with books.

Of course Connor thinks he now needs something new for his room, but I think he can live without.

I've been getting a few pieces of furniture for the house lately and one of the perks of working at Wisteria is getting advice from our Creative Director. I wanted to create a reading nook for our bedroom and she recommended a chair from our outlet store. When I went to the outlet, I came home with all of the pieces in the picture below.
I think we're going to add a floor lamp behind the chair to complete the space.

For my Dallas friends, I want to let you know the outlet store is having a big sale next week through Saturday 3/5.
There are several of the gray hide poufs that I used in our reading nook still at the outlet store. They are 30% off, but next week you get an additional 20% off on top of the 30%.

Another example is the Golden Key Console. Below are pictures from the website since I could never shoot anything as good as this.
This console retails for $999. At the outlet they have a few where the trim color was inconsistent. The console is 70% off and during the sale you get another 20% off so it only costs $199. This deal is better than my employee discount, so I got a console for our house.

There are lots of great deals like this at the outlet and they have a ton of mirrors and wall art as well. If you're needing a few things for your home, I recommend planning a trip to the Wisteria Outlet.

And now for some gratuitous pictures of my kids since the real purpose of this blog is to keep the family and friends updated. This week the Creature Teacher came to the school.

Chloe & Connor got to pet the Kangaroo 
Connor loved the visit from the kangaroo and wrote about it in his daily journal

No comments: