Monday, July 14, 2014

One of Those Moms

Most of the time I think I'm pretty reasonable and average, just like any other Mom. But when you look a little deeper, I might be a bit crazy.

On Friday we got a cute invitation to a birthday party for one of Connor and Chloe's classmates. It's a Star Wars pool party that I'm sure the kids will have a blast at. We got cute little invitations that has Star Wars stickers on them with the inside hand written by the Mom. My first thought was these are cute, second thought was I'm not getting in a swimsuit for a kid's pool party, I'll make Carl do that. Then my stomach twisted a little and I thought, oh no when this Mom see's the birthday invitations I'm doing for Connor & Chloe's birthday she's going to think I'm "one of those over-the-top Moms."

I bet you're thinking, why Shelley? I'm sure you're overreacting, what have you done?…

Well Connor and Chloe's birthday isn't even until the middle of September and I already have a kid approved-theme, visited and rejected a venue in favor of our home, and ordered invitations. So what's the big deal if I plan ahead a little. No harm in that.

We've decided on a superhero theme and I was having trouble finding an invite that could be for two. Then I went on Etsy and found something perfect. I could have just put a superhero sticker on an invite and write out the details, but instead I had the kids faces illustrated onto superhero bodies, it's awesome!

Not only did I get the invitations, but also gift tags, a poster and banner to decorate with. Overkill?

Then…

Since we all agreed on superheroes, I let the kids pick out costumes. They both went with a batman theme. They can wear them for their birthday party (if they want) and they can also be our Halloween costumes. So, yes, I'm the Mom who ordered Halloween costumes in July.

But to my credit, we are going to get every cent out of these costumes. The kids have already been wearing them all weekend.


No comments: