Monday, July 21, 2014

Celebrating Family

A month after the twins were born, my father suddenly passed away. This is one of the last pictures I have of him.
My Dad holding Chloe when the twins were still in the hospital
His birthday was July 20th and my Mom suggested we have a little celebration in honor of my Dad. My sister-in-law came up with the idea that we wear silly hats. When we were older, this was something my father did when it was our birthday. Silly hats was the perfect touch for our little celebration.

The most adorable pirate twins ever!
GiGi holding Harlowe, Jamie holding Rowan
Connor told me he didn't want to wear a silly hat, but that he'd wear a pirate hat. 
He did not want help with the eye patch, so he couldn't see out of either eye.
We had a little swim time while the baby girl twins took a quick nap. (Wearing silly hats can totally wear you out)
Lovely Lola keeping Mommy close
Chloe getting her pool-side groove on




















We had a lovely dinner, toasted my Dad and a wonderful celebration of family. 

I had to post one last picture of my Dad that I love. This shot is great because I was silly enough to wear an "I heart Carl" shirt (although totally true and I'd wear it again) and because Brian photoshopped the caption on my Dad's shirt.

No comments: