Thursday, April 11, 2013

Baby's Got Lash

A few years ago I was in a meeting with a colleague and noticed her eyelashes. They looked great and long. I asked her about them and she said she'd had extensions.

I filed it away in my head and I've been thinking about trying eyelash extensions myself. The first visit takes about an hour where they apply extensions to individual lashes. The treatment is a bit expensive to get the first set and you have to have maintenance since they fall out with your natural eyelash.

The benefit is no mascara at all. This is great for me since I have pretty thick lashes, but blonde ones that are practically invisible without makeup.

So last week I took the plunge and visited Lash Studio in the West Village. I requested conservative lashes. Below are my before and after shots:
Before
After
After

I'm still not sure. I think they look good, but I'm not used to having dark lashes all the time. Also, since my bottom lashes are blonde too, I think it looks a little strange without mascara on the bottom lashes. You can get lashes applied to the bottom too, but that may be excessive (if getting lash extensions in the first place isn't). I've had my lashed tinted before, but this looks even better. I think I'll compromise and get the bottom lashes tinted with extensions on the top.

So, still not sure this is right for me. It might be good for summer and swimming. I'm going to give it a couple of months and see how I feel.

But check out these beautiful eyelashes. This must be from Daddy!




2 comments:

Kim Self said...

I've been wanting to get them too. They look great on you! I know my boys have great lashes too they must have gotten from their Dad. Not fair for us ladies!

shelley.swan@gmail.com said...

Kim I know, be I'm pleased my kiddos have the lashes, especially Chloe.

I'm starting to like the lashes a bit more. We'll have to see if the upkeep is too much work and $.