Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Turks & Cacios


You haven’t seen a posting in awhile because Carl and I were lucky enough to get to take a vacation to the Turks and Cacios Islands in the Caribbean. Thank you to JoJo and GiGi who stayed with the twins while we were gone!

The island is beautiful and our hotel, the Windsong, was amazing. I have a video Carl shot of the view from our huge balcony. Our room was like the best apartment I’ve never lived in with a walk-in closet, washer/dyer, full kitchen, dining and living area, but the wrap around balcony was what we used the most.


We slept late every morning, which was quite a luxury. We snorkeled every day, one day we took an excursion boat, and another we drove to Smith’s Reef, but most days we walked right into the water from our hotel’s beach and snorkeled off the Princess Alexandra Marine Park.

It was a really amazing vacation and we’re so grateful to the grandmothers for watching the twins and making it possible for us to go.

One interesting thing we noticed on our vacation was there were quite a few pregnant women on vacation too. Apparently this is a new trend called the Babymoon, where expecting parents take a vacation before the arrival of their new bundle of joy.

At our hotel was a couple on their babymoon and they seemed to be having a great time, but it doesn’t seem too fun to me. I can’t imagine being pregnant and tired and traveling to an island where I get sandy and salty from ocean water and heaven forbid sunburned from overexposure all while Carl gets to sip on cool margaritas I couldn’t drink. But then, I’m not the new trendy mom either.

We waited for our trip and it was well worth it.

1 comment:

Traveling Blonde 1 said...

Looks like you had a great trip! And I think you are a cool trendy mom!