Monday, June 28, 2010

Carl's Birthday

Saturday was Carl's 34th birthday. I usually try to think up something fun for him, but sometimes it ends up being a massage at the spa and I get to go too, which is a little girly. This year however, I think we pulled off a Boy's Birthday.

First we left the house to catch some of the US World Cup game. We tried to go to a sports bar, Frankies, but it was packed with fans, instead we went to Primo's and had a bit of lunch while watching the first half of the game.


Then it was off to Lone Star Park for the races. We set aside a few bucks for "entertainment" betting and Carl had a Trifecta win, but mostly it was just fun.













Thanks to my Mom heading to the house to relieve the babysitter, we didn't have to rush home and Carl wanted to do one more thing. So we headed to the Gingerman to enjoy beers and a cigar.

We made it home just in time for the babies' last bottle of the night and bedtime. All in all I had a great day, but I think it was a good "guy" birthday for Carl.

No comments: