Friday, June 11, 2010

Swimming for the First Time



A few weeks ago I bought Connor and Chloe cute little swimsuits and this past weekend my Mom brought us some swim diapers, so since it was warm enough and we had all the tools needed we took the twins in the pool for the first time.

I don’t know why, but it was so much fun. We all squealed and laughed and the babies were probably a bit overwhelmed.

At one point I pulled Connor underwater to get his head wet. I don’t know why I did this, I guess I thought that was what you’re suppose to do, but poor thing, it scared him to death. I learned later, from another mother, that you’re suppose to blow in the baby's face first to get them to hold their breath. Hopefully I haven’t scarred him for life.




As you know, Chloe is our active, mobile baby, trying to crawl and kicking her legs around to sit up. Some of the kicking she does naturally on dry land looks like she’s actually trying to swim in the pool. Way too adorable.





I've included a few more pictures since the twins were so cute. The pool was really fun for the whole family. 



Max with Connor and Carl












Chloe in her cute sun hat

3 comments:

Nicole Loper said...

So fun! I recommend Infant Aquatics if you are ever looking for swim lessons. Chelsea did this and it was amazing! Then learn to hold their breath then flip on their backs and float for air, then roll over and continue swimming. It gave me such comfort knowing that she was fearless and trying to keep up with big sis at the pool!
http://www.infantaquatics.com/bevsteinfink.htm
Check out the website and videos... your kids are not too young!

Lauren Swan said...

FUN!! Is that your pool in your backyard? I can't find "mommy and me" swim classes for Andrew and I here in Lafayette :( It is good to get them used to the water early so they aren't afraid.

shelley.swan@gmail.com said...

Yes, this pool is in our backyard. I love having it, but Carl doesn't think we use it enough considering how much work it required.