Monday, September 14, 2015

6th Birthday Party

This weekend we celebrated Connor and Chloe's 6th birthday. 

Last year I was working part-time and spent a ton of time on a Super Hero party. Illustrations of the kids for invitations and decorations. Everyone got masks and capes to decorate with a bounce house out back. Click here for pictures from last year.

This year I've been a bit busy with work so I thought a party at Pump It Up would be easy and turn key. It was easy, but I was not impressed. Mainly I didn't order the right package.
There are three packages: Basic, Deluxe, and Ultimate. I did deluxe but what I wanted was the ultimate package. The main mistake was I didn't have goody bags for guests and I didn't even realize it until half the guests were gone. I'm super embarrassed. 

The next thing is little silly, but they have a black light room and they give the kids glow sticks. I asked the helpers to turn out the lights but they didn't do it. I didn't realize you had to have the "Ultimate" package for the black lights. I'm really bummed I didn't figure it out.

But the kids all seemed to have a good time.

A few other minor complaints. Juice and lemonade came with the package, but the young ladies who set up the room put out the Honest Kids juice pouches I brought instead of pouring the drinks that came with the package. Also, I had two cakes and brought to cake cutters.
The young ladies used plastic knives and carved up the center of the cake. It was awful, I had to turn away while they did it. It must be how someone trained them but I thought it was terrible. The cake still tasted good so it was fine. Probably have cupcakes next time.

They took pictures at the party and it costs $10 to buy them. I think I'll probably figure out something at our house next time. 
Serious birthday party dilemmas.

No comments: