Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Diamond Earrings

A few weeks ago I had lunch with a sweet girlfriend. I ordered soup so I grabbed a rubber band to pull my hair back. When I did my girlfriend noticed I'd lost an earring. We searched all around in the booth but couldn't find it.


This is the best shot I could find of the earrings

It was a pair of lovely diamond stud earrings that Carl had given me as a gift. I'd never had trouble with them falling out before, but I was sick to my stomach that I'd lost one.

After lunch I searched all around in my car. I searched the parking lot at work and sent out a companywide email asking everyone to keep a lookout for the earring. One of the guys in the warehouse emailed me back that he'd check out there for me.

I just couldn't find it and now I had to figure out how to tell Carl. I thought the earrings were insured, but I hated I'd have to tell him I lost such a valuable gift.

As I was driving home I thought of one other thing. Maybe I only put one earring in. I was a bit tired lately and I wasn't always the most efficient at getting out of the house with 5 year twins before heading to work.

As soon as I got home I checked my jewelry tray and sure enough the other earring was still there. Huge sigh of relief.

I'm too embarrassed to tell my co-workers I just forgot to put it on in the morning.

No comments: